Project title: "Support for organization and improvement of forced return activities".
Responsible Authority acting as executing body: the State Border Guard.
Project priority and activity:
Priority 1 of the 2009 Annual Program:
"Support for the development of a strategic approach to return management by Member States"
Action 1.2.1 "Support for organization and improvement of forced return activities".
Project implementation period: 01.07.2010 - 30.06.2011
Project funding: allocated financial resources for the project - LVL 87851
Project overall objective: to organize removal mechanism in compliance with European Union standards and requirements.
The project specific objective: to organize removal operations by using commercial flights:
- providing illegal immigrants and escorts with the minimum required set of food products during removal operations;
- according to the job requirements to improve practical knowledge of employees, involved in the realization of removal operations by using commercial flights.
Within the project the following activities are planned:
- purchase of special equipment (security tools for persons under removal, special clothing and equipment for escorts);
- organization of at least 6 removal operations, as a result, at least 27 illegal immigrants will be removed.
Expected results within the implementation of the project:
- the execution of the State Border Guard's functions with regard to removal of illegal immigrants will be secured;
- the State Border Guard officials will develop their knowledge and skills in the field of removal of illegal immigrants;
- faster and more effective identification and return of illegal immigrants will be ensured.
The project was co-financed by the European Union
Contact person: Sandis Panga
Publication date: 01.08.2010.