1. A border is a signlinemark between two or more countries.
2. Our border is protected by the Border Policethe National Guardthe State Border Guard .
3. The State Border Guard is an publicarmedcivil institution.
4. The State Border Guard is divided into territorial bordersterritorial boardsterritorial districts .
5. Our eastern border is also the internalexternalextended border of the European Union.
6. Latvia joinedabolishedvalidated the European Union in 2004.
7. Trespassers can be detected with the help of sensors, CCTVs, infrared camerasradiation pagers, x-ray scanners, riflespassport readers, retro-viewers, tweezers .
8. An ultraviolet lamp, a magnifier and a microscope are used to clarify the purpose of a visitenter information in a databasedetect falsified documents .
9. Specially trained dogs sniffbypassexclude trespasser`s tracks.
10. Devices for border surveillance include binoculars, observation towers, video camerasmetal detectors, x-ray scanners, vestsfences, portable terminals for data checks :
11. Watercraft is used for the supervision of cargo and human beings inner and territorial waterwaysmarshes and forests .
12. The validity of this passport will issuewill expireexpiry in three weeks.
13. Watermarks, fibres and kinegrams are supporting documentsmeans of subsistencesecurity features of travel documents.
14. Which types of passports are not valid for traveling? emergency, special, temporary passportsdiplomatic, service, alien passportsimaginary, camouflage, fantasy
15. They had suspectsuspicionssuspicious that the identity card was forged.
16. The document which gives one the right to drive a car is called a registration certificatedriving licenselaisser-passer .
17. Refusal of entry allowsprohibitsentitles one from entering a country.
18. Do you have a allowancevoucherpermit to carry this gun?
19. Human traffickingFraudContraband is illegal transportation of goods across a border.
20. Marijuana, hashish and cocaine are prohibited itemslegal goodspermitted items .
21. Refugees are people who flee their homes to escape war and violencehave committed a crime in their home countryhave violated border crossing regulations .
22. Asylum seekers are people who are being persecuted for a criminal offenceseek international protectionare inadmissible in the European Union .
23. Persecution means punishingpraisingmistreating a person.
24. A residence permit gives one the right to reside in the territory of Latviatransport a certain amount of goodsobtain a travel allowance .
25. A visa is a travel documentsticker in a passportan application .
26. A visa contains information about duration of stay, number of entries, visa categoryholder`s date of birth, identity number, heightholder`s nationality, citizenship, domicile .
27. The abbreviation "VIN" stands for Vehicle Independence NumberVessel Inspection NumberVehicle Identification Number .
28. When crossing a border, a registrationrepatriationrestoration document of a vehicle must be presented.
29. You must assureinsuranceinsure your car!
30. Which of these terms are related to motor vehicles? boot, bonnet, enginestamp, specimen, scannerlegitimate, fraudulent, esmitate
31. The ship was moored at bulk boothberth No 14.
32. Hi, how are you doing? Yes, sure!Not at all, thanks.Thank you, I am fine.
33. Where are you from? I am from Malta.I from Malta.I Malta come from.
34. May I sawseensee your passport?
35. What is the proposalpurposepurposeful of your visit?
36. How long are youdo youyou planning to stay in Latvia?
37. Does she hasShe hasDoes she have any identity documents?
38. We have the rightnecessaryforced to detain you.
39. You will be taken into custodycustomspenitentiary .
40. We can do it. It is accordingrecordingopposed to the regulations.
41. He are studyinghas studyingis studying to become a lawyer.
42. He likes notdon`t likedoesn`t like going to work.
43. A train is fasterfastestfast than a bus.
44. He not cancannotcan not do it any better.
45. Always he makesHe always makesHe makes always stupid mistakes.
46. She works at the airport. She usually goes there by foot.She usually goes there on foot.She usually goes there with foot.
47. Did you watchDo you watchedDid you watched the news last night?
48. Although I spoke slowly, he doesn`tcannotcould not understand me.
49. They earned many moneymuch moneya lot of money last year.
50. I asked him to not go awaynot to go awaygo not away .
51. The traveller was born inonat May.
52. The next flight is on atin 6 o’clock.
53. "Quiet, please – I am taking a test!take a test!taking a test! "
54. We won’t go if it rainwould rainrains tomorrow.
55. I’d like to put forwardoveracross a suggestion, if I may.
56. She speakspokespoken to him on the phone.
57. While he drovehad drivenwas driving to the meeting, he saw a traffic accident.
58. Millions of cigarettes is confiscateare confiscatingare confiscated every year.
59. In July, he will be workingis going to workwill have worked for us for 10 years.
60. I completed this test, whereasalthoughdespite I last studied English five years ago.
Informācijas pārpublicēšanas gadījumā atsauce uz Valsts robežsardzi obligātaCopyright © Valsts robežsardze 2007 / Izstrādāts © VITA 2007
Galvenā pārvalde, Rūdolfa iela 5, LV 1012.
Tālr. 67075617, 67075739, Fakss: 67075600,e-pasts: